View Single Post
Old 06-15-12, 04:01 PM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
Disingenuous, in the context of safety equipment. Also kind of nitpicky, as though you're really just looking for something to disagree with.

But I'll indulge the point: training and preparedness are indeed absent from the great majority of cyclists I see. And "experience" appears to be essentially meaningless, judging by the completely clueless cyclists right here on this website, some of whom have been that way for decades. "LCIs", BTW, are some of the least competent cyclists I have ever come across. If that's your idea of a trained, prepared, and experienced cyclist, then you and I are are never going to see eye to eye on the subject.
Disingenuous?!? Maybe like saying anyone wearing a helmet has no skills and little experience, that such a rider is relying solely on the magic protective qualities of their styrofoam hat? I don't have to look too far to find stuff to disagree with, let alone nitpick.

I'd say that training, preparedness, and experience as far as it concerns safety is as much lacking in those who don't wear helmets as those who do. OK, so even LCIs -- instructors trained in safety training -- don't meet your level of street riding competence. What are your qualifications for someone competent enough to safely ride a bike...?