Old 06-16-12, 08:16 PM
Mr Sinister
Am I evil? I am Man!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My First Group Ride

Okay so I have never ever done a group ride until today. I was invited by a LBS a few weeks ago, and finally took them up on the offer first thing this morning. Well I started out biking the 10 miles to get to the shop. I road around in the parking lot waiting for the ride to start, about 15 minutes. Well when it started the pace was kind of slow, or at least it felt that way to me. Then they decided to pick up the pace a little, and it went from 14 to 18. Well 14 felt like about 10, and 18 felt like 14. After a while I decided on my first group ride to take the lead, and it wasn't too bad. I did have 1 problem as I went away from the group to drop some gear off at my house. well the catching back up to the group was a real pain in the arse. It was like trying to catch a stock car with a hybrid.

All in all it was a blast, but I think I need to calm down a little too next time. When I was boxed in, with 2 riders to my left, and the curb to my right I felt like I had no room for any type of mistake. Also I'm learning the signals.