Old 06-17-12, 01:18 PM
Notrega

Bikes: 2011 Marin Pioneer Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Tallahassee, FL

I am turning 40 next Wednesday and I want to get in better shape so I thought I would go the bike route. There was a thread in another forum I am a member of a few days ago asking for input on a bike for a 300lb rider. I am pushing 270lbs and the thread got me even more motivated. So yesterday I pulled the trigger so to speak and went shopping.

I ended up with a 2011 Marin Pioneer Trail bike. It was last years model and marked down to $400. I went to another shop and looked at a few other bikes but I liked the first one and liked the vibe of the first shop better. I went back and they dropped the bike to $375 so I got it, a helmet and a Camelbak for $504 out the door.

Got it home and took it for a short spin on a little trail that parallels the road. It is actually paved and was a pretty smooth ride. This is the first time I have been on a bike for more that a few feet in over 20 years.

Downloaded an app to track where, speed, etc... turned on Pandora and 39 minutes and 5 miles later was sitting back at home. Even though I had to stop once for a few minutes and walk the bike on one particularly long hill coming back but for the first ride I am somewhat satisfied with the result.

Was not sore this morning but I could tell I was on a bike for 40 minutes and I went and picked up a pair of padded shorts...

Details of the ride here...

Distance 5.13 miles
Duration 38m:44s
Avg Speed 7.9 mph
Max Speed 21.8 mph
Calories 460 kcal
Altitude -4 ft / 199 ft
Elevation 406 ft ↑ / 459 ft

I am hopping to drop a few pounds doing this along with healthier eating...