Old 06-19-12, 09:07 AM
spazegun2213

Bikes: '11 Allez Comp, '09 Pinarello Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, here is the report. I go there nearly an hour early and was one of the first in line for a bike. Pam was super helpful and very nice. As you can see from the text I survived, which was my only goal for last night. Bottom line is I had a BLAST! I only forgot to pedal once in the first session and scared the bejesus out of myself on the apron. I also learned that without the little rotate peg thingys (technical term) rat traps are nearly impossible to get into once moving... at least for me. Past that the banking did not scare me at all, and actually reminded me about the banking I've been on in cars. I was shocked at the amount of grip one has on the track though. Surprisingly didnt have any problems starting or stopping on the boards and I'll give kudos to my lazyness at stop lights for my low speed stability (I never want to unclip).

The last drill was a one lap flyer and from what I saw of the level two group, I have a lot to learn, but thats a good thing I managed a 26.1 last night and was pleasantly surprised. My fat arse can really get up and go when needed.

Overall, it was a great night! It has also inspired me to look for cheap(ish) track bikes on Craigslist (any recommendations?). I figure if I had this much fun in one night, i should be doing this a few times a week! I'm stoked for next week and really cannot wait for what is has to offer.

Tony, It was great meeting you last night!