View Single Post
Old 06-19-12, 10:40 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Sounds like you need to have a big yard sale or auction. Or you might be able to find a store or dealer who would give you a lump sum to take away everythng you have. Of course they will only give you pennies on the dollar, but you would be rid of the stuff and you wouldn't be giving it away.

The alternative would be to just break down and giive some things away.
I've considered all of these options. Each of them has merit. Due to my annual lay-off from work I have no income. This year I need more money due to unplanned events and can't just sit out the summer. If I don't get a job in another week my new self employment will be ebay as I sell my possessions faster. It seems like the best solution to two problems. It will get rid of things and bring in money, though slowly. My biggest problem is acquiring boxes and packing materials. The second biggest is weighing the items. My bathroom scale is just too inaccurate. I've read that post office scales are sold on ebay, but that is money going out instead of coming in. Everything is working out, just slower than the ideal.