Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
While what Achilles says is true...

it's also true that a body has limits.

What's more, I think they're basically instinctive. Gym rats don't like cardio,
it's a necessary evil

Cyclist don't like exercises, it's a necessary evil.

Bounce back and forth.

You want some sort of periodisation. So in the middle two weeks of a month; let the gym get the most workouts 2nd week and the riding gets the most workouts 3rd week.

One of the cycles in periodising is monthly. So the 4th week you take you solidify your gains (whatever they were). More reps at whatever weight,
more of whatever.

Then on the next week, the first of the month you drop a notch in intensity and add lots of reps or time.
2nd week you maintain that level, but add a little extra. A few pounds on the bar, longer intervals, base miles...
Third week you drop the time (or reps) and add more weight (or intensity).

On second thought, learn how to set up a training schedule, or find someone who can.

What's the story with the diet? You doing any creatine or anything?
I think your over thinking it. If building muscle is your main priority then the workouts should always be done first when the energy levels are the highest. Cycling the same day will have a negative effect as your energy levels will surely be lowered from your workout. I recommend eating constantly with your diet consisting primarily of protein and quite a bit of carbs like rice, pasta, sweet potatoes or any slow digesting carb to give longer energy levels. With a high activity level of lifting and cycling i'm sure you will need at least an extra 2000 calories per day on top of your daily maintenance which depending upon your weight and leanness will be around 2500 roughly so your looking at consuming at the very least 4000 more likely 5000 to ensure proper muscle repair and building. Trust me on this one guys, I spend 99% of my time on the bodybuilding.com forum and I am lifting and cycling at the same time but for a different reason. I'm just trying to get leaner and maintain my muscle. Different goals but the execution is the same.