Old 06-25-12, 01:02 PM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 1855Cru
Bow hunter and Paisan, congrats on a great ride. Sounds pretty much like the degree of difficulty on the Blood, Sweat and Gears ride I did on Saturday. (100 miles, 12,000+ ft climbing). I completely agree about being prepared for this type of ride. I was amazed at how many people were calling for the SAG wagon to take them back after only 50 miles and before the major climbs! One dude from Orlando, FL, who had called his wife to come get him at a rest stop, said, "I guess hill repeats on the overpass wasn't enough training" no kidding? I even saw one rider on Snake mtn. come to a complete stop and fall over as she couldn't turn the pedals anymore. I admit I zig zagged up the steepest part of snake (18-20%) but I was running 34/28, a 36 on the back would have made life a lot easier but at least I made it

You lads should come down and ride it and some of the other rides we have down here.
I would love to come to Valle Crusis as that's where my Grandfather was from although I don't know exactly where.
If they don't schedule the rides closer than 2 weeks apart next year I'll be joining you. I've got it bookmarked and a reminder in Outlook for Feb 1

"hill repeats on an overpass" - now that's funny!

we also had a girl fall over but she was getting back on her bike after a stop mid way through the climb on Devils Half Acre. Sad to see but she was OK.