View Single Post
Old 06-25-12, 10:24 PM
Lexi01

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod / Scott Spark 930 / Scott Sportster 20 / Jamis Allegro 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimRider
Hey BJ!

You're the proud owner of a hybrid. Therefore, pick that smiling face up and shine your pride to world!

BTW

A hybrid is defined as a bike that blends the best characteristics of both road and mountain bikes, into bikes that are sturdy, comfortable, fast, and ideal for riding on streets and bike paths. Therefore, a bike that has a little more mountain flavor than road, is still a hybrid. A bike that has a little more road flavor than mountain is still a hybrid.

That said, what I really disapprove of, are hybrids with front suspended forks. At what point do you get so close to being a mountain bike, but still not be called a mountain bike!

Besides, most roadies are self-indulgent narcissistic weight weenies, anyways! So who cares what they think?

What's most important, is what you think!

* Any bike with a suspended fork should be called a mountain bike!
I have a Scott Sportster 20...it has front suspension (only 62mm) and its well and truly a hybrid...

Frankly, I reckon if the bike is lacking front suspension it can't be referred to as a hybrid - I.e. you'd find it pretty hard to ride on all terrain. I take mine on the road for 30km to get to a nice little MTB park, flick on the front susp. then take it on single track for an hour or so then back onto the road to get home...

That, to me, is the essence of a hybrid. It goes anywhere...