Old 06-25-12, 10:52 PM
szewczykm

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Trek 7.2, Giant Defy 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadTired
That's a lot of miles and disipline to ride each day! Good for you! I think I'll go with the already posted "don't get lost in the weight...loss..." or something like that. Muscle is heavy and I would hazard to guess you are really building leg muscle.

Would following size loss be better? Overall you should start losing size, pants will fit better for instance.
I use My Fitness Pal and it helps me to be completely honest with calorie intake. But really I think the important part is that there are other measurements you can track besides weight. As long as I'm making waist size improvements, I don't care as much about the weight.

I recently came across an old article about dieters who eat 18 ounces of yogurt a day losing significantly more weight than those who don't. Also, the weight is lost more in the belly area and ALSO it helps improve recovery after exercise. Something about the balance of protein and calcium and some other stuff. Here is one article about it.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recip...its-of-yogurt/

Obviously, I can't compare my progress with and without it, but I can say that I'm coming close to 20 pounds lost this month, an inch and a half around the middle, and I feel very strong. I don't know if it was the cool weather this evening, but I had a stronger ride tonight than I have ever had and I feel great.

Oh, I started at 332lbs, I'm 6'2" and 41 years old.