Old 06-27-12, 01:04 PM
spirit733t

Bikes: Saracen Killi Chromo 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi there, thanks for the great advice, im mainly wanting to use the bike to commute to work, this is around 6 miles each way..

I am struggling to find a decent bike to use.. I have emailed papamotors on different bikes for their advice, and they did 'nt recommend a single one of my suggestions.. they felt the trek 7.2 FX has a weak frame..

then I thought I found a really good but second hand bike, a voodoo boker, but they said that their motors dont work with hydraulic disk brakes..

could you please recommend me a good bike with a strong frame for a maximum budget of around £600.00 (900.00 $)
I would like it to be able to take full mudguard fenders and rack and also maybe front suspension..

the trek 7.2 has steel forks so I thought that would be strong enough for he front motor? what is your opinion on this?

some other questions? do i have to mount the PAS, what happens if I don't do this, also do I have to use their brakes that they supply? again what happens if I do not do his, I think their brakes cut the motor off from any power.. but I thought that was what the throttle was for, that is when you release the throttle, all power goes? am I wrong here?

and finally my last question is that most bikes these days come with more than a 6 speed rear free-wheel thing, perhaps like 7,8 or maybe more, the papa motor rear wheel can only take a 6 speed free-wheel? is this a big issue for bikes that have more than that gear system.. can the derailleur be adjusted so that only the 6 free-wheels systems is accessed?

thanks again for your help and im really looking forward to getting his project going...