View Single Post
Old 06-27-12, 05:13 PM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
I did the job change ~4.5 yrs ago, and began biking ~4 years ago. There is a strong correlation between the two. Instead of calling Mrs. Zoxe to say I'd be home late (for the 4th or 5th night in a row) due to a last-minute meeting scheduled by my boss's boss, where most of the decisions I'd made throughout that particular day would be revoked, reversed, or just plain pooped on, I now come home after 8hrs, carpool with Mrs. Zoxe and have an extra 2 hrs each evening to bike and cook a real dinner rather than ordering pizza or chinese delivery. (How's that for a run-on sentence).

Now 55lbs later, with 30 points off my BP, a stronger marriage after ~14 yrs than at 5 or 10, and ~8 inches off my waist, I don't think I could ever go back.

All this to say: Congrats Clifton. New bikes are cool, full suspension bikes make me drool, and I'm happy for you. But anyone that can dump a life draining job deserves a thumbs up.