Italuminium
Cisalpinist

Bikes: blue ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by whatwolf
I think they work very well. It's a slightly different movement (and different placement, obviously) than the downshift lever on right ergos, but in a way it feels even more resposive -- clicks are close together, whereas on my ergos I always feel like I have to push too far to click into the next gear. They work great with my 7-sp system even though they're designed for 9 or 10 speeds. I also like being able to just feel with my hand and know which gear I'm in by the lever angle. My hands are small so when I'm in the middle of the cassette and the shifter is sort of parallel to the brake lever it can feel weird to have your hand in that gap, though there's definitely room. Just something to get used to. Not that I throw the chain all over the cluster very frequently, but it's nice knowing I can shift as many gears as I want in one smooth motion, and I know exactly where to stop because of the visual feedback from the lever.
Hm, I got some campy bar ends, 10 speed, so chances are slim I'll be using these retroshifts. Don't care too much about the way they look though, but function is still more important then form. Glad you like 'm and the build looks very nice. Enjoy!