Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nexium
Thanks for the reply SlimRider

1) I will have enough for a helmet, heart rate monitor(watch I am thinking) and a U-lock(is this a good one?).
2) I live in Ohio, so yes I live in a snowy state.
3) Probably not, I may ride over to the store, which is .5 miles down the road.

I need double walled rims and I can't tell if the ST has them, here is what I pulled from Giants website.
Cypress ST below:
[TABLE="class: bike-specifications, width: 1"]
[TR]
[TH="class: heading, bgcolor: #444444, colspan: 2"]WHEELS
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Rims
[/TH]
[TD]Giant Alloy
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Hubs
[/TH]
[TD]Alloy, 36h
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Spokes
[/TH]
[TD]Stainless Steel
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Tires
[/TH]
[TD]Kenda 700x38, Multi-Surface
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Oh and one LBS said the Trek 7000 is a much better bike than both the ST and Escape 2.... is this true?
The Trek 7000 is in no way better than the Giant Escape 2! Considering that the Cypress.ST has a chromoly steel frame, that can be upgraded with better components anytime that you like, and will most likely last longer than either the Trek 7000 or the Giant Escape 2, it's a great bike for just $300. The Cypress.St has components that are comparable to the Trek 7000....

However, component wise, the Giant Escape 2 is your best bet! The Trek 7000 is not!

If you plan on keeping this bike for another twenty years or so, then get the Cypress.ST.

Either can be easily equipped with both rack and fenders, for your traveling convenience.

Good Luck!

PS.

The best U-Lock is the New York Fahgettaboudit. IMHO the OnGuard U-Lock will be just fine for either of your bikes, unless you live in a high theft rate community.

Last edited by SlimRider; 07-01-12 at 09:56 PM.