Old 08-05-05, 04:18 PM
Bike nut
High Desert of California

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Other Side of an Accident

I know we all get mad when we hear about cyclists getting hit by cars. I have even put comments about how the person gets away with it. Last night something horrific happened in my family. I do not want to go into details because it has been on the news in the area. A member of my family had a car vs car accident and some (more than one) person has been killed. My family member (fm) was not drunk, was not speeding. All that happened is the vehicle of my family member hit another car. The police are calling it an accident.
My fm is crushed, they cannot stop crying, I am crushed, I slept two hours last night, I don't feel like doing anything. I cannot stop thinking about what this other family is going through. I cannot stop thinking about what is going to happen to my fm. The rest of my family is crushed. We are constantly praying for the other family. This pain is something that I would not wish on anyone. If the police gave my fm a ticket it would not make the other family's pain any less. I am thinking of getting my family to help pay for the funeral.
Next time someone hits someone, just remember that that person now has to live with the fact that they have killed another human being. I just wanted to let you know what it is like. My life and my families life as well as the families of the deceased will never be the same. Please, if you have any insults, please keep them to yourself.