scozim 
Ellensburg, WA

Bikes: See my signature

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by 4Rings6Stars
That's so cool! I didn't know such events existed...

I love that E type. There was a coupe like that in a junkyard in the small (less than 1000 people) town I grew up in. It was 90% complete but beat up/rusty. My dad and I tried talking the owner into selling it to us multiple times but he insisted he was keeping it to restore himself someday. Finally gave up on the thing but last we checked it was still there. Someday...
These events are a blast, especially with the open pits where you can talk to the drivers. We were hoping to see the 1971 Tyrell F1 (ex-Jackie Stewart car) again but it broke a crankshaft (IIRC) on Friday afternoon and they loaded it on the hauler. The other bummer was watching the Kendall GT-1 Mustang tear up the track with the Trans-Am group in the morning besting a big block Corvette until he broke something in the motor. They were shutting the door on the hauler as we were walking through the pits.

There were a lot of new cars that I hadn't seen this year (gone to 8 or 9 of these now) and the rain kept many from running in the afternoon. Probably should have brought a 3 day pass thanks to the weather.

We had a great conversation with the Canadian owner of 1963 E-type who ran ok. He had a bolt in roll cage and was basically running his street car. Really clean Jag. I took a couple of photos on the track that unfortunately came out fuzzy but had one in the pits

The Formula Fords, etc. are also a lot of fun to watch - rain or shine