RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Al
Hey, Robbie:

Did your boyhood in Wisconsin also involve stuff like whitewashing fences, maybe a trip on a raft? The way you tell these little stories sometimes reminds me...
Fences make it too hard to "borrow" your neighbor's lawn mower, so we didn't have them to whitewash. As Boy Scouts, we did burn some grassland, nearly derail a train. In fact, quite near the ride route in both cases. I do know where a lot of the caves are, and the trout (Grady). Perhaps, on the ride, I can show you where the man with the webbed feet was murdered, two places where I totaled Chevrolets, the only place in town a Sunbeam Tiger ever parked, the best place to learn tennis, the oldest Protestant church in the territories, iab's Red Rooster, and where a man from Chicago paid me $25 to oil his car door hinges (an actual AAA service call). I can show you where an outlaw motorcycle club "borrowed" a friend's car for some hill-climbing, and then gave it back, undamaged (do not crash their parties), and where I caught a cousin with a cane pole and a nightcrawler. We had to walk about a mile to a gas station to get the hook out. I trailed him with the pole and line, because we never thought to cut the line. He got even by stealing my girlfriend in high school.