View Single Post
Old 07-04-12, 09:42 AM
1FatBikeRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got back on the bike today. Wow.

Well, I got back on the bike today. Its been about a year since I have ridden. No major reason why I stopped riding - just a bunch of excuses. "Too hot." "Too busy." That kinda stuff. Did a 16 mile ride today and I noticed some things.

1. My saddle got a lot skinnier. I guess it shrunk while hanging up in my garage.
2. The last time I had ridden, I was a svelt 289lbs. Now, at 302 and out of shape, I wanted to scream - and cry on some of the hills. Well, all of the hills to be honest.
3. I seems as though I have lost some gears on my cassette. I kept trying to downshift to make things a little bit easier, but I kept running out of gears quickly - very quickly.
4. To polar bottles - one filled with ice/water and one filled with ice/water/nuun was not enough.

I guess things could have been worse. It only took me and hour and 17 mins and that included a little break at the turn around point.

Cant wait to ride again tomorrow! I forgot how good I feel once I have finished a ride. Yeah, my legs are tired and back a little stiff, but overall I feel good.

I will be checking back in here more often now.

Have a good 4th!