Old 07-04-12, 10:34 PM
Singlespeed92
No longer here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brakemeister
dont want to start a religious war here, but why steel ? Cause some QPB employees in the subcategory Surly .. are having cute stickers : STeel is real ? ... Nothing against the guys :-) They just follow a interesting marketing plan to sell their wares.

Interested why ?

Thor
For me it's the more forgiving ride in most steel...my Xtracycle not-with-standing (it's longer wheelbase makes the harsher aluminum frame I used more bearable),and the difference between the slightly more flexy steel and the uberly harshness of most aluminum means the difference between being physically able to ride or not,having semi-serious spinal injuries...maybe that's why lots of people feel-"steel is real"? More forgiving ride,plus steel generally lets you know much sooner if there's a major problem coming,plus one can generally get weld repair work done cheaper and many more places,then there's the whole time frame thing...how long has man been working with steel (especially for bikes) vs the short time we've meddled (pun intended ) with aluminum? I'll take my steel anyday,thankyouverymuch (unless riding my Xtracycle,which is like a sode can...aluminum ) My 2 cents,doesn't make it right,wrong or definitive,just my 2 cents