View Single Post
Old 07-05-12, 12:37 PM
k7baixo

Bikes: Bacchetta CA2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Up at 0415, on the bike by 0430 for an hour ride. It really was a beautiful morning in the desert. Yesterday's rain and 20 degree temp drop set the stage for a cooler than usual ride. The moon was almost full so there was a certain magic to the morning.

Unfortunately, it ended too soon and as I went into our garage, I was reminded that it's monsoon season - when I stopped, the sweat was simply rolling off of me!

I was at work by 0645 - many people are taking today and Friday as bridge days so it'll be a little slower at work. I have more than enough to keep occupied after I finish my "bikeforum-instead-of-a-cigarette" break.

I'll be out of here by 1500 and we have only one stop to make on the way home. Once there, we'll take care of our household duties, enjoy dinner, maybe a glass of wine and watch today's TdF recording.

Life is good -we're beyond blessed. My wife lost her job in Jan and finding it tough going but beyond that, we're as happy as we can be and her stress at not having a j-o-b is about 95% self-induced. She's worked fulltime since she was 14 and has no intentions of slowing down.