Old 07-06-12, 01:02 PM
Koobazaur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaragon
In regards to sugar, just because sugar gives you energy, that energy is not sustained. It only lasts for a short period...like caffeine haha
Exactly, a short period.... like the length of a food coma. Kind of a "simple sugar for energy NOW, complex sugar/protein/fat for energy LATER" so they really compliment each other.

And the problem with your theory seems to me to be that it involves a lot of extra calories. If your recipe for avoiding sleepiness after a heavy meal is to eat more sugar, you're going to end up pretty fat.
Not if my current diet is lacking in sugar/calories (which is causing the food comas). And after a week of biking while having the massive meals + ice creams I described above, I actually lost like a pound, all the while my leg strength notably improved. So if anything, I can afford the extra sugar.

And frankly, an extra small slice of bread with some jam or a scoop of ice cream is like an additional 10 minutes on a bike. As shadoman points out, I'm not talking about inhaling a whole apple pie here after each meal (albeit that would be a hilarious dietary experiment heh).