View Single Post
Old 08-06-05, 02:02 PM
psiphi

Bikes: Litespeed Bella Novara Pulse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update: The Denver Police Dept. does nothing.

A few days after the accident I am able to speak with the officer who responded to the accident, and he tells me that the plate number the witness gave him matches the car described by all three witnesses. He tells me the car is registered to a lady with an Asian sounding last name who is old enough to have a teenage son. This information is given to a detective who will be handling the case from now on.

I speak with the detective who works 7PM to 3AM, this is on a Thursday. He tells me that he has sent the owner of the car a letter asking them to come to the station on the following Monday to talk about the accident and after that he will send me a letter telling me what happened during the interview. Monday comes and goes and I get impatient waiting for my letter. I call the detective on Thursday and ask what happened.

He tells me the person did not come in and now a pick up order will be placed on the car. This detective does not like to give out information and speaks in very brief sentences. I assume this means that they will actually send a tow truck to the house where the car is registered and they will pick up the car. I receive a letter from the Denver Police Dept with a copy of the accident report and the name and address of the person the car is registered to, the lady lives in Parker, CO, which is outside the jurisdiction of the Denver Police Dept.

I wait another week and call the detective on Thursday to get an update, I have to leave a message and he does not return my call. He does not call the next night and I leave another message halfway through his shift. He does not return my call.

I called the Denver Police Dept today to speak with someone and they tell me the standard procedure for a hit and run, where there is not great bodily harm, is to send a letter and if the person does not come in they issue a pick up on the vehicle. Apparently they do not actually send an officer out to go get the car if it is in another jursidiction.

So, it seems like the police are not actively doing anything to catch this person. I am so angry that they won't even send an officer out the person's house to question them. Any suggestions on what I should do next?