Old 08-06-05, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Not entirely. I mean, you want to recover as much as possible before your next ride, but I don't think we can bounce back that easily. The harder the ride, the more it's going to take for us to recover. If you're training for 5 straight days (for instance), maybe you can consider training every other day... or at least until your legs are not as sore anymore.

I find I can't do more than 3 consecutive days of cycling, so those are my longer days at high intensities. Then I take a day off, and I end up doing every other day, so I end up with 5 days of riding and 2 days off. Every 6 weeks or so, I take a full week off cycling entirely and allow my legs the time to completely recover 100%.

If you feel like your current training schedule does not allow you to recover so that you're able to improve on your riding, you'll most likely have to look at your training schedule and make changes so that you can see improvement. Overtraining is always a factor when you don't take the time out to rest sore legs and allow for healing time.

Koffee