Old 07-09-12, 04:27 AM
SoloBuffalo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm currently in the southern portion of Gyeonggi-do (like an hour by train south of Seoul). As was mentioned, the drivers are terrible, however i feel far more safe riding on even the busiest streets here than in the US or UK. Cyclists are given much more respect here in my opinion. There's definitely a little bit of everything as far as riding goes in this country. From where I live i can mountain bike, get in a nice urban ride (which i think is more dangerous because everyone one is glued to their damn phones and have absolutely no situational awareness, thus causing infinite riding obstructions), mosquito/gnat ridden rides along the rice paddies and nice stretches of relatively flat highway/express way riding. All in all, it's a lovely country to ride in and i highly suggest you find time to take advantage of it. As Omiak said, it's great once you get out of the city, i find the only thing as remotely peaceful is hiking (which honestly isn't quite a good as a quality ride).

If you're ever up near Seoul and care to ride the Han River feel free to hit me up!

Last edited by SoloBuffalo; 07-09-12 at 04:30 AM. Reason: im an idiot.