Old 07-09-12, 01:40 PM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lungimsam
I have read some lines about extending special courtesies to an LBS because some issues would be a no-no. Like there is some code for dealing with LBS's one has to adhere to or else you would be considered a barbarian or something.

I understand not wasting an LBS's time, and if you ask lotsa time consuming questions about a product they have, yeah, you prolly should buy it from them.

But not bringing them an off brand bike you own for them to help you with, or being afraid to ask them to match prices - I just don't agree.

I think it is in their interest, whether you bought the bike from 'em or not, to help you with your bike needs. And in this economy, I think asking to match a price you saw elsewhere is just sensible, with no offense to the LBS intended. I think asking them to match a price is actually a good way of telling them "I'd rather give YOU GUYS my business." When you could have just bought what you saw elsewhere right off the bat.

So why all the behavior mores about LBii? I don't get it. And I like to think that I am a courteous and respectful person. I am with my LBS. I love those guys. They have always been great, and didn't mind me bringing in my off brand bike for repair.

How do you feel about this issue and what is fair in dealing with an LBS?
For the bike shop I deal, I do not mind paying a higher price and would feel bad about asking them to match it. They offer sooooooo many perks that others shops do not offer and no online place offers perks like this either.