View Single Post
Old 07-09-12, 01:42 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't think it's at all funny or strange to take cycling, or other outdoor opportunities, into account when deciding where to live. I also agree whole heartedly with those that point out the difference between a good cycling location and a good car-free location.

The cycling and other outdoor opportunities are in part what keep Mrs. Fred and I in our current location. We would very much like to move in toward the central city, where most of our friends live, the cultural events tend to be and where we could come closer to living car-light. But, we currently live in an excellent neighboorhood, great cycling on low traffic streets just out the door, the beach a half block away, a decent walk through a public golf course to a scenic point and low/no crime due to the nature of living out on a peninsula.

Examine which is more important to you at this point in your life, recreational cycling or car-free living. Don't hesitate for one moment to allow that decission to influence your choice of home.