View Single Post
Old 07-09-12, 03:10 PM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by interested
Well, as I said, Abus can't compete on prices, they excel in reliability and ease of use (and safety of course). If I had bought another u-lock 8 years ago with a bracket system that was 10 seconds slower per locking or unlocking manoeuvre, I would have spend +40 hours extra of my life, constantly locking and unlocking my bike. I am never tempted not to lock my bike when going into a shop for 1 minute because it is so easy and fast to get my Abus Varedo 47 off the bracket and lock it.

The Abus Facilio 32 lock is pretty low in the Abus hierarchy, so it probably isn't better than any other u-lock in that price range. OTHO reading through Amazons reviews of other u-lock brands, is quite depressing with keys breaking in the lock, plastic brackets that fails within a week, or locks that suddenly freeze up. (Edit: if you buy the Abus u-lock, make sure it comes with a bracket like the USH-bracket, since they are sometimes sold without bracket. )

A little maintenance will probably go a long way when it comes to prevent that the lock cylinder freezes, no matter what brand you choose.
Which Abus do you have?