sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Cruising with Deval

Yes, a good day!
This morning I rode my single speed to meet up with a biking buddy at Back Bay Station. I had planned to take the train from Natick but the new schedule means non-commute, bicycle friendly trains aren't available until after noon. Beacon St eastbound bike lanes work well and car drivers are tolerant.

We met up at the feet of March on Washington organizer A. Philip Randolph and took the SW Corridor Path to Mass Ave to see the 1812 exhibit at the Mass Historical Society. Next we found Harold Connolly at the Earl Taft School in Brighton. This would have been a completed trip in itself but we took Cambridge St across the river and Putnam into Harvard Square where I had a Deval Patrick at Bartley's. Out to Memorial Drive and followed the river to Watertown and the Clap biscuit for bass monument, then split up at the Waltham train station. I rode the Riverwalk Park trail and ambled back to Sherborn. The Deval and I didn't always agree but got along well enough to enjoy Metro Boston paths, historic stops and 56 miles of cruising.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bartleys.jpg (98.7 KB, 12 views)
H Connolly.jpg (101.1 KB, 13 views)
Clap.jpg (101.8 KB, 13 views)
Riverview Walk.jpg (97.5 KB, 12 views)