View Single Post
Old 07-09-12, 10:34 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Help Me Correctly Value My Smooth Hound

A while back I got help here regarding the price of shipping my bicycle across the country. Without a regular account at Fedex or UPS it will be about $140. I'm going to try to sell it locally first in Montana using Craigslist to avoid shipping it. Since I don't own a car it would be really inconvenient to get it to Fedex or UPS. I suppose I should set the price of the bicycle differently than I would listing it on ebay because there will be no shipping fees.

I went to ebay looking for completed sales of Dahon related things and didn't see any Smooth Hounds or Hammer Heads (similar but higher spec'ed for speed). There were some newer models listed in completed auctions but without sales. The prices listed were much higher than the original retail price of my 2007 model so they didn't help.

The 2008 Smooth Hounds dropped the front Q-fork suspension and added the feature for taking the frame apart. The 2007 doesn't fold. It just has an easy to remove stem and quick release pedals so it can stow away in a skinny space.

I made a video of it that shows some blemishes and features. If you care to look at the video, or if you're very familiar with the values of bikes like this, please let me know a good price at which to sell this.

Thank you for your help.

http://youtu.be/9COTmMWk6I4