Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally posted by P. B. Walker
I've heard of RaceFace before. They look good. Since what I currently has doesn't look like it will allow me to just replace one or two chainrings, do I need to buy 3 new rings, PLUS the cranks? What about a bottom bracket?

Would my Deore XT Front Derailleur work with this setup?

Since I can't really do this work myself (no tools and never done it before) I'll be taking it to my LBS. Should I bring it into them and have them look it over first? Maybe they have a supplier for RaceFace also.

PBW
the only answer I know for sure is that yes th deraileur should work with a little tweaking I assume.

I totally forgot that you may need to change the bb to splined and get new cranks. Sorry about that...sometimes I start typing before my brain turns on. I assume you have a square bb which means an upgrade plus the cranks...that adds up...(you only need three tools...one to remove the crank off of the bb, one to remove the bb, one to put the new bb on in. Since I have never worked on a square taper bb and the splined may not even work I am really just babbling..I will leave this answer to someone more knowledgable (like your lbs...)