View Single Post
Old 07-11-12, 08:32 AM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rx Rider
Colorado sucks, you start on basically flatland then climb a big hill then go back down a big hill, then you climb a bigger hill, then you go half way down the big hill and then go up a really big hill, then you go all the way down to where you almost started at the flatlands. losing all the altitude you gained. this goes on and on and on, it's not a linear climb and you're constantly losing and re-climbing the same altitude only gaining marginally with each new climb. while technically from point (a) to point (b) is 2500'+, it takes 26,000' of climbing to get there and back.
I've ridden and raced all over Colorado and I'll pretty much guarantee you that you are not climbing anywhere near that much. You're talking over a 1000ft per mile. I've climbed mountaineering routes that aren't that steep. They just don't make roads that climb like that over those distances, anywhere. Maybe you can state the roads you're talking about and we can give them a look-see.