View Single Post
Old 07-11-12, 12:57 PM
Wolfwerx

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Le Tour (x2), '83 Bianchi, '96 Trek 820, '96 Trek 470, '99 Xmart Squishy Bike, '03 Giant Cypress

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteamingAlong
Wolfwerx - Imagine the customer who complains to you that the room you built them has holes in all of the walls, because their sons are using the room as an in door shooting gallery or that's the room with the batting cage. Are you going to go back and fix this walls everytime they call, because you didn't ask the purpose for the room and they didn't tell you or ask that the walls are bullet proof?

Under your scenario, I'd expect you to replace those walls everytime they call.

That is a logical fallacy.
If the drywall fell off the studs because I used finish nails rather than drywall screws, then I would be on the hook for repair because that is not something that the customer should have needed to specify. Under my scenario, and in real life: I fix my mistakes, as common sense dictates.

More to the point: If the OP is riding his bike for its intended purpose, that the shop sold it to him for, and he is not abusing it (which I don't know this, he doesn't say that he's taking it off any sweet jumps or whatever) then it was the shop's fault for selling him an inappropriate product. I mean, let's face it, Clydes don't look skinny. The sales guy should have broached the subject of weight and wheels and determined if those stock wheels were appropriate to the OP. It's their fault that they didn't mitigate their liability.