View Single Post
Old 07-13-12, 11:14 AM
WC89

Bikes: 2011 Trek 8.4 DS hybrid; 2012 Felt F-75 road bike; 1990 Specialized Stumpjumper MTB; 1992 Guerciotti road bike (inactive)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If it's just your meniscus, and you don't have any torn cartilage or anything else going on in there, your rehab will be pretty fast.
I'm pretty sure the miniscus is cartilage.

[h=2]Knee surgery soon[/h]
Dr. says I probably have a torn meniscus. Had an MRI Wed., now just waiting to hear from the doc and get surgery scheduled. Already been off work for over a week. Too much time on my rear in front of the computer has cost me money. I love my hybrid, but ordered a new road bike yesterday. Hopefully knee rehab won't take too long and I can get back on the road.
Good luck on the surgery! I guess you should be thankful that the tear is in a region (with blood flow) of the knee where it can be repaired. I have meniscus tears in both knees (since '03/'04); however, b/c the tears are in spots w/o blood flow, no surgical repair is possible, so I have them for life Fortunately, so far, I've had no swelling or locking, and I ride briskly twice a week all year for fitness. I often wonder "when is my number up" w/ regard to my knees
Hope you're back on the bike and riding well soon!