Old 07-14-12, 07:41 PM
HTown

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Gotham II

Originally Posted by hartjanet
We are looking to get two folders for when we are traveling in our RV or Chevy HHR. We think we should get one with gears. Because we will not be using them all that much (on trips a couple times a year ranging from a week to a month), we want to keep the costs down. On the other hand we don't want to buy crap that we can't enjoy. This morning we test rode a Dahon Speed and were highly impressed, but I just can't bring myself to spend $600 each. Unfortunately, the lower cost brands all get either bad reviews, or pretty good reviews. But we can't test ride them. So, here are the three finalists:

1. The Citzen Gothem II @ $319 plus $20 for fenders and a rack
2. The Citizen Miami @ $199 - has fenders but rack would be about $20 and bring it up over 30 lbs
3. The Origami Crane - now on sale in white for $250.

I LOVE the look and colors of the Gothem. I LOVE the price, look and colors of the Miami. And I LOVE that the Origami (more Dahon looking) is on sale, lightest even with fenders and a rack (included in the price, also.) Actually, I am now leaning most towards the Origami, but it's the company I can find the least amount of info on.

I'd appreciate your feedback to help make up our minds. Thanks!
If you live near Houston, I will sell you a brand new Graphite Citizen Gotham II (w/ fenders, rack, bottle, and bag) at discount. I have two Downtubes and would prefer to stick with that brand.