View Single Post
Old 07-16-12, 12:33 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 83 Posts
Sounds almost exactly like my ride. We had planned to ride to Vader but called it a day at Winlock instead and had our ride support pick us up and take us to our camping spot. Up early Sunday for a faster ride into Portland. My sister had to drop shortly into day two due to an old knee injury rearing its ugly head; this was a mixed blessing as riding with her was a big part of the reason for going on this ride but with her pain it may have taken us until late in the evening to reach Portland. Day two had lots more hills than day one. A couple of high bridges, a few good descents that are real Clyde friendly weeeeee fast! I passed plenty of folks as I was passed by plenty. I passed more going up hill than passed me which felt really good. Riding in urban areas with stop lights is a different experience for me, highways not so much. With three riders we only had one flat which was on day one outside of Chehalis. It was my son who flatted; I yelled at my sister who promptly turned left, not exactly understanding me, I followed to chase her down and a bunch of riders followed us going off the course. Less than ten minutes later we were back on our way thanks to my skills.

Big Pete I'm thinking we likely passed each other at some point. Are you planning to do it again next year?