Old 07-16-12, 11:47 PM
Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
^^^So, then, you're saying you can't provide documentation that "most people graduate to drop bars after awhile"? That is the comment that I was challenging. I see a lot of experienced cyclists riding flat bars. Myself included - I've been on flat bars for almost 20 years after the first 15 on drops. I think both are fine if the bike is sized and adjusted correctly. Each bar has a different purpose for a different type of rider. Commuters, fitness riders, mountain bikers, and old folks like me (lol) like flat bars; distance cyclists, racers etc. like drops. I don't see the point of trying to prove that flat bars are dangerous when they are not. When I'm riding, the position you described - "twisting your wrists so your hands are knuckles-up" - or Pronating - does not occur. Unless I'm sprinting away from a dog or something, then anything could happen. Leave Kabbie alone and let her ride her flat bars. Kabbie, point your seat up a bit to take some weight off your wrists. Mprelaw, go ride yourself a century and have fun.

Last edited by Mark Stone; 07-17-12 at 12:02 AM.