Old 07-18-12, 10:43 AM
cycleobsidian
cycleobsidian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
Taking a vacation to Niagara Falls and have a couple questions. Asking here, because we all know bike commuters have the best local knowledge.

First, everything is metric in Canada, right? Would you recommend switching my computer to kilometers?

Second, on a more serious note, what are the best 2 hour rides you would recommend about 50 kms (see, already thinking in metric!). From looking at some maps, here are a couple rides under consideration: counterclockwise loop on trails to Niagara-on-the-Lake/St. Catherines/Welland Canal/Thorold Stone, and ride out and back along the Niagara River south of the falls. Anything else you would recommend? Unpaved trails are an option, and I will have a car, so a short drive is possible. The more specific recommendations, the better, since I know nothing about the area.

Make sure you make it to Niagara on the Lake. Beautiful town and beautiful bike ride from NIagara Falls, down safe paths.

While you're there, stop at a Winery or two. There are lots of them around there. Bikes, wine, what's not to love?
Have a great time!