Banned.

Bikes: CCM Torino 76

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rebel1916
You are definitely right.

Maybe different model years (like 2006 vs 2009) but neither is a 1955 bike. I am 100% certain of this. THe trend among box-store bike manufacturers has been for a couple decades to make 1950's style inspired cruisers. They are probably slightly better than the old ones in that manufaturing and welding techniques have imrpoved, and just about any bike over $100 has aluminum wheels. And more than 1 gear.

I actually thingk the Schwinn would be a little better than the Ghost. Buying a sub 200 dollar full suspension bike is a nightmare. A bike with a 5 speed derailleur and o suspension has the advantage of simplicity... less to go wrong, less money spend on useless things like suspension forks and pivots and front derailleurs. Don't get me wrong - I don't think it is likely to be to good of a bike, but just not as bad as a $120 full suspension bike. Also the gear range will be limited and so if you have any hills where you live it might not be the best choice... they are called beach cruisers because it is impractical to ride them away from the beach where you might have to go up a hill.

Last edited by DCB0; 07-18-12 at 11:35 AM.