Old 07-18-12, 05:22 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by AlbertaBeef
So ... I went for a ride yesterday - It was supposed to rain so I dressed appropriately, but all it did instead is hit 94% humidity AND get hotter...

Long story short, I already sweat a ridiculous amount, but in that much heat/humidity (and dressed for rain) I sweat far-more on yesterday's ride than I was expecting or realized. About 20 miles from home I started cramping really bad, had been outta fluids for a while (I drink water/powerade zero combined 50/50) and ended up calling my son to come be my team car. =)

I had hydrated before I left and brought 3 full water bottles with me for a 100km (62.5 mile) ride but it just wasn't enough. What do the rest of you do to ensure you have enough water? I might've been fine if I was a 150lb cyclist, but as a 230lb cyclist I simply need more water than I can easily carry...
What do you mean by "dressed appropriately" for rain? Did you have on rain gear? When I expect rain, I bring rain gear, not normally wearing it.

I have had good luck just knocking on a door, and asking to use the outside water faucet when needed.