View Single Post
Old 07-19-12, 06:56 AM
Zrane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Kukula
Ah, I can see from the picture, you have the upper attachments fastened to the horizontal supports of the rack. That is surely much more secure and less liable to shifting. It puts the bag higher too, which helps avoid heel strikes.

Another possibility would be to loop one attachment to a horizontal rack support and another to a vertical support, to angle the bag which should create some heel room.

Our teenager has a Topeak rack bag that slides onto the rack, and I didn't want the QL3 system to interfere with that. Probably he won't need to use both bags at the same time but it would be nice for him to be able to pick, e.g. Office Bag for going to class, rack bag for weekend exploration.
I have a cheap rack with only 2 vertical supports, so I'm pretty lacking in ways I can angle the bag. By pushing it back on the rack, I've got plenty of clearance though. Overall, I've been very happy with the bag and the rack. I think if it was a bag I would have to carry around campus, I might get a Timbuk2 shift or that wire rack designed for holding a backpack.