sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ericm979
It looks like the august edition of the race has a 3/4 field. The july 29th edition has a cat 4 field. When I follow the links on NCNCA for the august race it takes me to the reg page for the july race.

Normally you register for a field that's appropriate for your age and cat. And then at registration they verify that you're legal for that field. If you sign up for the wrong field then they'll catch it at reg and move you. If there are any spots open (not normally a problem for women).
Eric, I had the same issue. I registered for the event without reading the date on the BikeReg page, and accidentally ended up registering for the July 29th race, which I can't make. I've emailed the promoter and asked her to move me to the August 11th event. Yes, it's a Cat 3/4 field. I talked to the owner of the LBS in Lakeport and he told me that from his experience the turnout for that race is "pretty good". I'm hoping I can actually race in a true Cat 3/4 field (although I'm sure I'll be the Grandma again).