View Single Post
Old 07-22-12, 03:52 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
First ride with my GoPro Hero HD

I won a contest with the city of Long Beach and since I didn't really need a new bike (at least not the type they were giving), I chose the option of merchandise of my choosing worth $300. I got a GoPro Hero HD and a SD card and it came to just over $300...no $ out of my pocket.

I signed up this past week for the free Traffic School 101 "lite" class that is given for FREE at CSULB 1x a month (every third Wed and third Sat). The classroom portion was Wednesday night. Yesterday was the road portion. I decided was a good opportunity to test out the GoPro. I rode my Trek FX 7.2 there instead of the road bike as I commute on the FX and didn't want to deal with the clipless pedals in drills that I was unfamiliar with). I was glad I made that choice as a few drills might have been issues. I know what to do to practice those drills on the road bike now so it is all good.

I thought I was recording the actual ON the ROAD portion of the class but forgot I set the camera to turn off automatically after 2 min if it wasn't being used to conserve battery. So when I hit the record button for that, it was off so got no video of the road portion of the class. Oh well, I only wanted that to share with my cycling club as others will be attending the class in the future.

Here is a video I created of the ride there. (I especially love the highway patrol motorcycle cop and what I did there)