View Single Post
Old 07-22-12, 05:23 PM
CormacFBG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, finally made a decision

I posted some time ago asking for advice about a bike purchase. I finally made a decision and on Thursday I brought home my Trek 3500. On the recommendation of the sales lady at the bike shop ( a very nice young woman who didn't even laugh at a fat man wanting to buy a bike) the shop swapped the suspension front fork for a rigid fork, and built a stronger pair of wheels. I also splurged and bought front and rear lights, a bike computer, and, of course, a helmet.
Due to a complicated and busy schedule Friday and Saturday, I didn't get a chance to get the bike on the road until today. First thing I noticed: Riding on the street is MUCH different than riding a stationary bike in the air conditioning.
Second thing I noticed: seeing something other than the four walls, and feeling the air move is a lot of fun.
For the last couple of weeks I've been riding the stationary bike at between 30-45 minutes a day. Today I was only able to ride for about 15 minutes before I was done. Nothing impressive, obviously, but it was a start, and I will be able to do more every day. I'm kind of proud of the fact that I actually made a start.

Cormac