View Single Post
Old 07-24-12, 08:22 AM
Pandayboss

Bikes: 1970s C.N.C. Frame restored single speed road bike, 1985 Raleigh Record Ltd. road bike and 1999 Cannondale R300 road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Landau
I have great luck from British sites. I've ordered frames and parts to build 2 completes bikes and a variety of other parts, tools and clothing. Usually at 1/2 the price of my LBS and 2/3 the price of US mail order places.

I use Pro Bike Kit and Ribble. Pro Bike Kit shipping is free (They do surcharge for Frames and wheels though) and Ribble it is cheap. Both ship by mail and it usually takes 10 days or so. For most orders under $100 I usually do not get charged any taxes or duties. Over $100 Canada Border services usually carges GST/HST and Canada post tacks on an $8 service charge for colleting the tax.

At Ribble the shipping calculation is weird, often you can save a lot by breaking your order into multiple smaller orders.

Landau.
What about a complete bike? I find out that shops here in Canada don't have a lot of selections. I've been looking for a reasonable bikes like Schwinn or Raleigh and for some reasons they don't have the size or don't have the product in their warehouse. If I tried inquiring in the US who carries these brands, they don't ship to Canada or they would ship it to a APO something.