Old 07-28-12, 08:45 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mancunian
Violini, FWIW the Giant has only 1 slot & no shim, but the fit is exact & the collar & screw are a lot more robust. I cant say 100% that there was no shim in the package but i sure didnt see one anywhere & if the Origami requires a shim to be ridable this a) really SHOULD be noted somewhere for the user & b) is a very bad design to my mind since you are constantly opening the QR and turning the bike over to fold it/carry it/ store it....
But this is exactely why a shim is a good thing, less wear on the frame and seatpost. A shim is cheap and easy to replace, frame or seatpost is not.

I understand that you are disapointed and frustrated but I think this is just bad luck, or could of course be that somebody was in a hurry when packing the bike. It is NOT proof of a poor quality bike and I am sure once you get this sorted out you`ll enjoy your bike, and fairly soon ask us what folder to buy next time..

Did you read Pingis post? Try asking them for a shim, I think what he sugested (before seing your exellent video) is not spot on.

If you are riding the bike maybe try finding a piece of tube or plastic (like a lid for a container or something) or simply go to a bikestore and ask for a shim. If you are lucky that could solve the problem. To keep the shim in place try some glue, but not epoxy or similar, just something sticky to keep it in place. This is what is done on the Brompton bikes: http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brompton-...ess-prod13546/