Old 07-29-12, 07:52 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8279 Post(s)
Liked 9,033 Times in 4,471 Posts
Originally Posted by chasm54
If it has, then it is well down the road to the oppressive, nannying, "big government" statism that many Americans seem to reject. Once you are making the default position "you can't do things unless they are explicitly permitted" you have decisively moved away from being a free society, and transferred power from the individual to the petty bureaucrat.

But, hey, maybe none of this is as important as that you should be untroubled by the occasional unpleasant odour.
It's not just an unpleasant, disgusting odor, it's carcinogenic. It's an addictive drug which causes more death and health problems than all other drugs combined.
It's also the only addictive drug which, when used in public, is administered to other non willing people, albeit in smaller doses.
Anyone who thinks it is not possible to be allergic to tobacco smoke, I wish you could spend an hour in my shoes when I am exposed to that crap.
If I breathe a small amount of it throughout the day, as happens at work, I get terrible headaches, fluid in my lungs, and my sinuses swell shut.
If I breathe a little more, like if I go to party with smokers, my eyes are swollen shut the next day.
One of my sisters is the same way, as is one of my nieces. A guy at work will vomit if he is exposed to enough of it.

I don't want to ban tobacco, I just want smokers to respect non smoking areas.