View Single Post
Old 07-30-12, 06:55 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Watching the women's race I couldn't help but remember Bejing in 2008 and the horrible weather. It seemed as soon as a shower, or in some cases a storm, in this years race, someone up front that was a "strong" rider got dropped. Vos, as said, along with Armistead, was in the right place at the time for the final sprint. I was as baffeled by the American women's tactics as I was with Great Britain's mens team on Saturday. At times it seemed as if the GB team couldn't decide what to do next. (I am sure they did, just the way things seemed to this novice Yank.) The American women would look so strong and that they could stay with the German women, up front. Wehn Armstrong crashed I just knew that was America's hopes gone.

No problems with either race's result, it is the fate of racing that determined these god races. Overall I enjoyed both and look forward to the TT races. A silver medal for my favorites, Great Britain is enough to make me feel good about the job British Cycling has done. I know that Chasm is familiar with some mis-steps but he is there watching things first hand.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13