Old 07-30-12, 12:15 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by proileri
Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
I know that you mean well with your advice. But I would suggest that before you start to criticize your fellow cyclists for the position or intensity of their light(s) . That you look at the headlights on not only your car but every other car on the road and ask yourself this question:
I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with correct use of bike lights?

I agree there are a lot of inconsiderate drivers on the road. Personally, I try to avoid being one, no matter what I'm riding
What it has to do is that there are (in my opinion/experience) more motorists on the road who are inconsiderate in how they use their headlights then there are cyclists doing so.

And I was suggesting that you honestly check out and evaluate the headlights on cars before complaining about the lights on bicycles.

When I've been out riding, I've had both motorists and pedestrians compliment me on my lights. One pedestrian said that with my lights I looked bigger than I was, and that from the rear that I looked like a motorcycle.