View Single Post
Old 07-31-12, 12:35 PM
bikeveloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wound Up ROAD fork on tandem?

Am I crazy? I have an older Co-Motion Cappuccino, with a boat anchor front fork, threaded headset, and quill stem. I also have a Wound Up road fork in my parts collection. Would I be crazy to put this fork on the tandem? We are a 290 lb team and do not plan to do any touring. The tandem has a drum brake, so the fork will not be subjected to extreme braking forces seen with discs or even cantilever or v brakes that are not complemented with a drum...

$400+ is a little steep for me for the carbon tandem forks I've seen online, and I cannot find any used ones at a reasonable price, so I was wondering if using the Wound Up road fork is too much of a stretch. These forks are known for being bomb proof, and are the first choice of Clydesdales on singles and cyclocross. Considering that we are not a heavy team and my wife's weight is far back on the frame, it doesn't seem that we would put much more stress on the fork than a big guy on a single.

Does anyone have a used wound up or co-mo carbon tandem fork? This would obviously be best, but for now I'm wondering if I'm crazy with the road fork.