View Single Post
Old 07-31-12, 04:49 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by turborower
Hey,
I'm new here and I just bought a gently used Pinarello F4:13 frame-set and I'm wondering what group-set I should put on it, and for that matter if I can put whatever group-set I want on it or if there are only certain ones that are compatible. This is my first foray into building a bike the way I want it and I am just curious what the guru's here think. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Campagnolo 11 speed. Chorus shifters. Athena triple if you're not strong enough to spin 39 x 23 or 39x25 up the majority of your hills and that gear is otherwise workable depending on whether you prefer an 11 or 12 starting cog. A standard crank is fine if you are.

Get some NOS 2010 Ultrashift levers if you have a smaller budget which forces 10 speed use. You can still get a set of Veloce levers for $125 including the cable set.

Buy from the UK (like ribble). Their on-line retail prices can be lower than US wholesale.