Old 08-01-12, 06:25 AM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightshade
It is the same as playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun to use a helmet after the first impact along with foolish ,VERY foolish, economy to ride with a helmet with possible crash damage.
After the first impact I took it to the LBS along with the bike and the guy looked over the helmet extremely carefully and said that in his opinion, the helmet is fine and will still offer protection--now note that none of my impacts with the helmet were severe--they were all minor thumps(would've hurt without a helmet). That being said, if I have another "incident" and impact the helmet, regardless of appearances, I'll be getting a replacement. My head is worth far more than trying to save $60. Heck, I can get another Bell Solar from the LBS for $35, but I'd likely go for another Echelon as it feels more secure, lighter, and cooler than the old Bell.

@Mithrandir
I strongly doubt the "fins," or "snag points" will cause any issues.

@Timtruro
Funny you should say that the "fins" make you go faster. I had my fastest avg the other day for 38 miles, 18.5mph. Strongly doubt it was the helmet as I had a day that sucked a few days later.